I am writing this with a lot of excitement. I saw some great performances this year.
1. Ireti Doyle. Her performance in The Arbitration totally wowed me. She took the film from one level to another. I'd actually never watched her before so this was a very beautiful experience for me.
2. Sola Sobowale. You simply cannot buy experience. Sola embodies drama, her performance in The Wedding Party made me forget I was watching a movie. It felt like we were at a very exciting wedding. She was so natural and believable.
3. Rita Dominic. Rita gave a brilliant and memorable performance in 76. I could absolutely feel her pain as a young soldier's wife and cried with her in some of the very emotional scenes. Rita, of course, never disappoints.
4. Theresa Edem. A breath of fresh air. Theresa's performance in Ayamma stands her out from the crowd. She reminds me of Nse Ikpe Etim in a manner that I cannot explain, perhaps in her gait and class.
5. Bimbo Ademoye. There are not many actresses that have comedic timing, Bimbo's is nearly perfect. But that's not where the story ends, Ademoye gave a good performance in the comedy series: Desperate Housegirls and an even better performance in the dark short film: Best served Cold. She is definitely one to look out for.